Bravo regular Kristy McNichol returns on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 5 March 1981
Kristy McNichol and German TV/radio presenter and actress Desirée Nosbusch — two Bravo favourites — on a backpage poster in Bravo of 12 February 1981. According to the caption, the photo was taken in summer 1980 when Nosbusch visited the Little Darlings star in LA.
Kristy McNichol features, not for the first time, on the cover of Bravo cover, in the issue of January 1980. In that issue:
• Kristy McNichol told Bravo that she didn’t yet have as steady boyfriend (later we would learn that boyfriends weren’t Kristy’s thing),
• pupils were surveyed whether they cheat at school and how they do it (one girl in Düsseldorf had a famous artist do her art homework; she got the equivalent of an F for it),
• Bravo warned that drugs can be lethal, and why,
• Bravo interviewed the beautiful actress Olivia Pascal who says she was an ugly duckling at school (poster of Pascal tomorrow)
• Robert Palmer talked about his career and family,
• Racist movie Gone With The Wind featured as a photo-novel series
Kristy McNichol on a single-page poster in Bravo of 14 December 1978.
Kristy was yet to become a superstar in Germany, so this was something of an introduction. She went on to feature on loads more poster over the next few years.
Bravo regular Kristy McNichol on the cover page of Bravo of 31 July 1980. That edition included a 32-page mini-booklet (which you had to cut out and fold to size) on Marilyn Monroe, as well as articles on Frank Zappa (with a photo of Zappa on the toilet, as you do), AC/DC, J. Geils Band and Devo, and a “chance to make a record” with Smokie singer Chris Norman. The sex-ed article was on “How do you know that a boy is gay”, with the advice that homosexuals must be treated as equals.
Kristy McNichol, featuring here for the fifth time, on a poster in Bravo of 30 April 1980
Bravo favourite Kristy McNichol on a super-sized poster in Bravo of 16 April 1981.
The actress has featured on this blog three times already, and will appear for a fifth time in a few weeks’ time.
Actress Kristy McNichol on a centre-spread poster in Bravo of 22 January 1981.
She was massive at the time thanks to her role in the TV show Family, and by 1981 even more so for her role in the film Little Darlings, opposite Tatum O’Neal and Matt Dillon (who’ll feature tomorrow), winning her the readfer’s poll for most popular actress in 1980.
Kristy McNichol: Centrespread poster in Bravo of 31 October 1979
McNichol was a massive star in Bravo, thanks to her role as Buddy Lawrence in the hit series Family (or Eine Amerikanische Familie, as it was known in West-Germany). Her popularity was remarkable, since the show was broadcast only on regional channels, which meant that some areas didn’t get the show at all. The following year McNichol’s popularity increased further after her role in the film Little Darlings.