Matt Dillon on a single-page poster in Bravo of 21 January 1982. He came in second place in the readers’ poll for favourite actors of 1981.
Here’s the top 10 of actors:
- Roger Moore
- Matt Dillon
- Chris Atkins
- Dirk Benedict
- Pierre Brice
- Kurt Russell
- Bud Spencer
- Terence Hill
- Burt Reynolds
- Richard Hatch
Actor Matt Dillon on a photo spread with the strangely popular autograph card.
Actor Matt Dillon on as single-page poster in Bravo of 14 August 1980. He had just shot to prominence in the film Little Darlings (Kleine Biester). He’d feature many more times in Bravo.
Matt Dillon on as single-page poster in Bravo of 27 May 1981.
Matt Dillon features on the cover of Bravo of 27 May 1981. This week 37 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• On his death: This was Bob Marley
• Matt Dillon’s private life in pics
• Focus on Motörhead (to come on Wednesday afternoon)
• Soon we’ll see Andy Gibb’s girlfriend Victoria Principal in the TV series Dallas
• Cliff Richard’s tour equipment stolen in the USA
• Brooke Shields in Endless Love: Is she going to far?
• Why Kristy McNichol threw her best friend out of the house
• A new Bud Spencer movie
• All about Kim Wilde
• German tennis ace Sylvia Hanika
• Profile of Queen’s Brian May
• Bravo readers voted their top heavy metal/hard rock bands:
3. Iron Maiden
Actor Matt Dillon on a superposter in Bravo of 16 October 1980. I had hair like that at the time. Now not so much.
Matt Dillon features on the cover of 27 November 1980.
That week Germany’s youth read about how Francis Rossi saved Status Quo, why Supertramp won’t tour anymore, the truth about AC/DC’s Angus and Malcolm Young (well, they were difficult but good boys; Angus liked to party hard at 13 etc), the TV mini-series Caleb Williams, Police drummer Stewart Copeland at home.
Actor Matt Dillon on a centre-spread poster in Bravo of 22 January 1981.
He shot to fame in West-Germany in 1980 for his role in the film Little Darlings, opposite Tatum O’Neal and Kristy McNichol (who featured yesterday), winning him the reader’s poll for most popular actor in 1980.
Matt Dillon: Centre-spread in Bravo 14 August 1980
The actor became a big star in West-Germany through the Kristy McNichol movie Little Darlings (which was called Kleine Biester in Germany). McNichol will still featurte here; she was a big srar with Bravo readers through the TV series Family.