Shakin’ Stevens on the cover of Bravo of 30 September 1982. This week 37 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• This is Duran Duran
• Obituary for Grace Kelly
• What to expect from Asia’s Germany tour
• How Cologne rock group BAP captivates their fans
• Iron Maiden: Even more success with new singer
• Shakin’ Stevens on the best cars of the Rock & Roll era
• Should girls go to the army?
• Bravo at the shoot for Extrabreit’s new video
• Actor Lewis Collins at home
• Profile of UKW drummer Thomas Schütze
• All about Italian trio Ricchie e Povere
Shakin’ Stevens on a single-page poster of Bravo of 10 June 1982
Shakin’ Stevens features on the cover of Bravo of 11 March 1982. This week 37 years ago Germany’s read about:
• How Shakin’ Stevens prepares for his show
• Introducing Austrian singer Falco
• Barclay James Harvest’s record-breaking Germany tour
• Mary Cosby, J.R.’s mistress on Dallas (and that ended well)
• Earth, Wind & Fire in concert
• Actor Martin Shaw in photos with autograph card
• Make-up tips for girls with glasses
• Alana: How I tamed Rod Stewart
• Meet Jon & Vangelis
• The J. Geils Band’s live show
• Remembering actress Rita Hayworth
Shakin’ Stevens on the cover of Bravo of 24 September 1981. The cover story runs below. This week 37 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• New hit film: Jäger des Verlorenen Schatzes (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
• Bravo interviews Kiss in New York
• All about ELO
• Dallas‘ Victoria Principal in pics with autograph card (to come)
• Foreigner in concert
• How ABBA’s Anni-Frid found her father through Bravo
• Robert Urich of Vega$ at home
• Boy star Tommi Ohrner as a footballer
• Stars on 45 booed in a German disco
• Sex ed: Our sexual fantasies
• The F1 racing car sponsored by ABBA
And here’s Shakey, “the nicest rock star of the year”.
Shakin’ Stevens, already 30 years old, on a back-page poster in Bravo of 12 March 1981. He was just having his first hit in Germany with “Marie Marie”.
Shakn’ Stevens and his shit-eating grin on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 19 May 1982. He was following up his hit “Oh Julie” with “Shirley”. No wonder he’s grinning.
on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 19 May 1982.
Shakin’ Stevens features on the cover of Bravo of 15 April 1982. This week 35 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• How Joan Jett got to #1 with “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”
• Barclay James Harvest’s coming Germany tour
• Victoria Principal at home
• Focus on German new wave bands Extrabreit and Hubert Kah
• Profile on Altered Images singer Clare Grogan
• The new Luis Funes movie
Shakin’ Stevens, having swapped the denim for a tux, on a centre-spread poster in Bravo of 2 December 1982. Don’t worry, kids, Shakey is still a Labour-supporting socialist.
Shakin’ Stevens on the cover of Bravo of 2 December 1982.
That week Germany’s youth read about Bravo reporting from ABBA’s performance on the TV programme Show Express (one of their very last), what dreams mean, why Yazoo are the new Laurel & Hardy (not joking; these assholes actually said that, in reference to the members’ body shapes), a look-back at West Side Story, rock band BAP’s favourite bar, Madness and Depeche Mode on tour in Germany, a new film called E.T.
Oh, and remember the My Melody perfume ad with the girl in the paper boat from 1979, which ran a couple of days ago. She’s still floating around in the issue from three years later, like a good-smelling Flying Dutchman. And if she has not been rescued, she’s still floating on her paper boat.
Shakin’ Stevens on a supersize poster in Bravo of 6 August 1981.