The battle is on: Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett on the cover of Bravo of 9 March 1978. This week 42 years, Germany’s youth read about:
• Who will be the bigger star: Shaun or Leif? (well, Leif. For a little while)
• ABBA in Germany
• Slade, Bonnie Tyler and, er, Buster at Bravo Disco concert
• The hellish live show of Kiss
• Introducing crime-fighters Starsky & Hutch
• With Status Quo on tour
• Linda Ronstadt, the Queen of Country-Rock
• Newport, a new soft rock band from England
• Luisa Fernandez, the singing hairdresser
• The new movie superhero: Spiderman (Spinnenmann)
• Ex-Bay City Rollers singer Nobby Clark starts solo career
• New film: Streisand & Kristofferson in A Star Is Born
Teen singer Leif Garrett on a single-page poster in Bravo of 10 November 1977. He was about to have a hit with a cover of the Beach Boys’ “Surfin’ USA”.
Teen star Leif Garrett on a superposter in Bravo of 9 February 1978.
A year before he became a singing teen star, Leif Garrett featured as a kid actor on a single-page poster in Bravo of 5 August 1976.
Teen star Leif Garrett on a centre-spread poster in Bravo of 21 June 1979. He had a hit with “I Was Made For Dancing” at the time.
Leif Garrett features on the cover of Bravo of 29 December 1977.
As Germany’s youth prepared to see in the year 1978, they read about how Marcello Mastroiani has reportedly fallen in love with 16-year-old Nastassja Kinski, the filming of Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, the hilariousness of Jerry Lewis (well, it works for some, I suppose), tours of Germany in Germany by both Sweet and the Bay City Rollers, and the career of Pink Floyd…
Kiss on as super-sized poster in Bravo of 23 December 1980
Leif Garrett on a poster in Bravo of 9 October 1980. I have no idea what he was still famous for.