The 5-part portrait poster series of AC./DC came to an end in Bravo of 5 February 1981 with the single-page poster of drummer Phil Rudd, “the bachelor with a Ferrari” (below). Top: Angus Young, Brian Johnson, Malcolm Young. Bottom: Cliff Williams and Phil Rudd. More AC/DC posters.
AC/DC’s Angus Young on a centrespread poster in Germany’s pop magazine of 15 November 1979.
An AC/DC photospread with the popular autograph card in Bravo of 21 May 1981.
Angus Young of AC/DC features on the cover of Bravo of 5 December 1980. This week 38 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• The Empire Strikes Back hits the cinemas
• AC/DC series: The life of “bad boy” Angus Young
• Blondie: Debbie Harry steals the show
• ABBA in fear that their kids will be kidnapped
• Frank Zappa in pics, with autograph card
• The Vapors, “rocking phantoms”
• A runaway explains why she left home
• All about the new Bud Spencer film
• The Pink Floyd story: How it all began
• Michael Beck, the “cool dude” from Xanadu
Never mind the other four guys, here’s Angus Young again on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 24 September 1981.
AC/DC’s Angus Young on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 16 October 1980.
AC/DC guitarist Angus Young on a centre-spread poster in Bravo of 11 June 1981. Angus sweats.
AC/DC feature on a photospread with signed autograph-card in Bravo of 13 March 1980. The intro notes that just as this feature was prepared, news came in of Bon Scott’s untimely death. The Australian band had just broken big a few months earlier with “Highway To Hell”.
AC/DC’s Angus Young on a single-page poster in the Bravo of 8 January 1981, as part of a five-part portrait series of AC/DC members.
AC/DC in a collage on a super-sized poster in Bravo of 27 November 1980.