The battle is on: Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett on the cover of Bravo of 9 March 1978. This week 42 years, Germany’s youth read about:
• Who will be the bigger star: Shaun or Leif? (well, Leif. For a little while)
• ABBA in Germany
• Slade, Bonnie Tyler and, er, Buster at Bravo Disco concert
• The hellish live show of Kiss
• Introducing crime-fighters Starsky & Hutch
• With Status Quo on tour
• Linda Ronstadt, the Queen of Country-Rock
• Newport, a new soft rock band from England
• Luisa Fernandez, the singing hairdresser
• The new movie superhero: Spiderman (Spinnenmann)
• Ex-Bay City Rollers singer Nobby Clark starts solo career
• New film: Streisand & Kristofferson in A Star Is Born
Teen star Shaun Cassidy on the cover of Bravo of 20 February 1975. This week 45 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Led Zeppelin’s live comeback
• Introducing the British pop sensation Bay City Rollers
• All about the Towering Inferno movie
• Shaun Cassidy’s super show
• Behind the scenes of the “ZDF Hitparade”
• The candidates for Girl and Boy of the Year ’75
• Bravo at home with Billy Swan
• Will Joy Fleming win Eurovision ’75 (nope)
• Peter Falk: TV’s glass-eyed detective Colombo
• Singer Lena Valaitis and her monkey
Shaun Cassidy on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 17 May 1979.
Shaun Cassidy features on the cover of Bravo of 16 November 1978. That week 39 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Bravo visits ABBA’s new Stockholm studio
• How Brian Connolly is being marginalised in Sweet
• With Smokie on tour in West-Germany
• Bob Seger: “The Gorilla from Detroit”
• David Cassidy’s comeback as a TV detective in Man Undercover (it ran for 10 episodes)
• Phantom, the fastest fighter jet in the world
• Introducing sci-fi disco singer Dee Dee Jackson
• Can Shaun Cassidy defend his Golden Otto, as winner of the readers’ poll for favourite singer?
Teen idol Shaun Cassidy on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 24 April 1975
Shaun Cassidy features on the cover of Bravo 24 April 1975. That week 42 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Bravo’s exclusive interview with John Lennon
• Shaun Cassidy’s private life
• West Germany’s football captain Franz Beckenbauer
• Barbra Streisand’s new film, Funny Girl sequel Funny Lady
• The premiere of The Who’s rock opera Tommy
• All about “Kojak” Telly Savalas
• Suzi Quatro in pictures
• Everything you need to know about the Bay City Rollers
The cover of Bravo of 30 September 1976, with Shaun Cassidy on the cover. Cassidy had performed at the “Bravo Disco” concert in Duisburg, alongside AC/DC, Slik, and Suzi Quatro.
That week Germany’s youth read about this new-fangled “punk” music, the life of Marilyn Monroe, Sweet in Japan and Ringo Starr on German TV, an introduction to Hall & Oates, the new film Barry Lyndon, and a pregnant teen who wants to keep her child. The sex ed page described in text and very graphic photos what kind of vaginal birth control was available, and how to use them correctly.
Heavily-promoted teen star Shaun Cassidy strikes a trouser-splitting air-guitar pose on a poster in the Bravo Posters magazine in August 1974.
Bravo cover of 14 July 1977, with actress Nastassja Kinski on the cover. Bravo speculated on the entirely made-up rumour that Kinski and Shaun Cassidy were an item.
Shawn Cassidy in Bravo 29 September 1977. David’s younger half-brother was a frequent feature in Bravo in 1976/77.
Check him and many others out on the Teen Dreams compilation.