Keith Richards and Anita Pallenberg on a strange depiction of domesticity on the back-page of Bravo of 15 July 1968. According to the caption, Pallenberg tempted Keef to come to Bratislava, where she was filming, with the promise of a meal of roast pork. Which I imagine is a euphemism.
Barry Gibb features on the cover of Bravo of 15 July 1968.
Welsh singer Bonnie Tyler on the back-page poster of Bravo of 7 July 1977. She was having her debut hit with “Lost In France” at the time. Tyler featured here before.
An advert for Kokos ice-lolly by Langnese in Bravo of 7 July 1977. The legend on the ad says: “Take a bite, Robinson”. The ice lolly is described as “South Sea” ice with the flesh of the coconut.
British new wave group Japan on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 7 July 1977. Japan featured here before.
Actress Linda Blair on a single-page poster in Bravo of 7 July 1977. The poster accompanied an article on her private life (she made her own clothing, apparently)
Andy Gibb, at the start of his brief career, on a single-page poster in Bravo of 7 July 1977.
David Batt of Japan on the cover of Bravo of 7 July 1977 — 7/7/77. This week 41 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Neil Diamond is becoming an actor
• New singer: Andy Gibb, the little brother of the Bee Gees
• How new-fangled actor Sylvester Stallone had a hit with Rocky
• Introducing new band Japan (still without David Sylvain)
• The Rubettes on their Germany tour
• At home with Linda Blair
• How chief punks The Damned flopped in the USA
• The Kinks: “Still the kings” (ugh!)
• Reader Annette Ottow flew to LA to present David Cassidy with a Bravo Otto
• The craziest Beatles photos
• New acting star Beau Bridges
• Women are taking over the charts: Bonnie Tyler, Baccara, Julie Covington, Silver Convention, Ireen Sheer, Penny McLean, Marianne Rosenberg, Katja Epstein, Siw Inger, Elke Best and Jeanne, all in the charts at the same time!!!
Marilyn Monroe on the cover of Bravo of 9 July 1960.
Rod Stewart, carefree of the threat posed by big game hunters, on a “Star of the Month” calendar poster in Bravo of 5 July 1972.