Italian actor Terence Hill features on the cover of Bravo of 20 July 1978. That week 40 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Interview with Andy Gibb
• All you need to know about Terence Hill
• 45,000 people at a California rock concert
• The Bay City Rollers’ US TV show
• The Police’s great laser show
• Sex ed: When girls love girls
• Michael Douglas in his new film, Coma.
• The Stranglers: Are they always so ugly?
• Luisa Fernandez: From hairdresser to disco star
• Richie Blackmore’s Rainbow in the US
German singer and actress Conny Froboess features on the cover of Bravo of 18 July 1959.
The Kinks on the back-page poster of Bravo of 17 July 1967. They were having a hit with “Waterloo Sunset”.
Schlager singer Roy Black on the cover of Bravo of 17 July 1967. You can enter the competition for these new-fangled colour TVs! The back-page poster from that issue follows tomorrow.
German New Wave band Ideal on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 15 July 1982. Unlike Hubert Kah, they were pretty good. Not that the bored-looking TV audience in the clip below cottoned on to that…
An advert for Rolo chocolates (these ones with mint flavour, which was not very nice) in Bravo of 15 July 1982. Back then Rolo were made by Macintosh’s. Now they’re peddled by evil multinational Nestlé, who’ve also introduced new branding.
New German Wave act Hubert Kah on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 15 July 1982. I hated Hubert Kah, and this photo does nothing to change my position. Their music was rubbish, tool. Urgh.
Paul McCartney on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 15 July 1982.
Elvis Presley, with an excess of make-up, on the cover of Bravo of 15 July 1982. That week 36 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• A visit to the Elvis museum at Graceland
• Interview with Falco
• Alan Parsons: The mysterious magician
• Robert Plant begins his solo career
• The story of a drug smuggler in jail
• Peter Maffay in pics, with autograph card
• Profile on the bassist from the Spifer Murphy Gang
Schlager singer Chris Roberts features on the cover of Bravo of 12 July 1972