Lithuanian-born German Schlager singer Lena Valaitis on a back-page poster in Bravo of 2 April 1981. She was representing West-Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest, coming second with “Johnny Blue”, behind winners Bucks Fizz. “Johnny Blue” sounds like it comes from 1971, not ’81.
Bill Haley on a retro superposter in Bravo of 2 April 1981.
German rock-singer Peter Maffay on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 2 April 1981. Beware of his smelly hair and clothes.
Kristy McNichol on a single-page poster in Bravo of 2 April 1981. It has been a while since we have had Kristy featured. See previous posters of her.
Gorgeous German actress Olivia Pascal on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 2 April 1981.
ABBA feature for a third time in Bravo of 2 April 1981, this time on a superposter.
Styx on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 2 April 1981. They were big that year with “Babe” and “Boat On A River”.
ABBA on a four-part portrait series. Benny’s poster appeared in Bravo of 2 April 1981.
ABBA feature on the cover of Bravo of 2 April 1981. This week 37 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• ABBA’s Benny recalls how it all began
• Midge Ure’s Ultravox have a hit (it means nothing to me!)
• Brian Johnson: How everything’s going with AC/DC
• Status Quo: Will this be their last tour? (no)
• A visit to Cliff Richard in Sheffield
• How Tatum O’Neal is making a fool of Leif Garrett
• The best thriller currently on screen: Dressed To Kill
• The stars of the wild Rock & Roll years
• Eurovision Song Contest line-up (#14, the UK’s Bucks Fizz, win)
• The Bay City Rollers’ attempted comeback
• Kristy McNichol’s pet monkey
• Maywood: the “disco sisters”
• Latest 50cc motorbikes reviewed
Pink Floyd on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 12 March 1981.