Photo feature on Blondie (well, Debbie Harry, really) with collectible autograph card in Bravo of 10 May 1979. They had just made their breakthrough to superstardom with “Heart Of Glass”. The follow-up, “Sunday Girl” would become a hit within a few weeks.
Debbie Harry features on the cover of Bravo of 10 May 1979. That week 38 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• ABBA’s Björn and Agnetha deny rumours of affairs after their divorce
• How Leslie McKeown got beaten up by his fellow Bay City Rollers
• The life of Liz Taylor (“She was the world’s most beautiful woman”)
• Introducing French pianist Richard Clayderman
• The story of a teenage heroin addict
• Eurovision Song Contest winners Milk & Honey from Israel
• Dire Straits on their Germany tour
• Schlager singer Juliane Werding’s trip to India in text and pics
Debbie Harry of Blondie on a super-sized poster in Bravo of 23 December 1980. Blondie were having a hit at the time with “The Tide Is High”.