French actor Pierre Brice as Winnetou on the cover of Bravo of 23 June 1977. This week 43 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• The Eagles: Once they’ve gripped you, you can’t get loose, apparently
• Elvis: He is still going to sit on his throne for a long time (see next Tuesday’s post)
• The marriage of David Cassidy and Kay Lenz
• What The Beatles did in Hamburg
• Rosetta Stone: The secret behind their name
• Singer Juliane Werding’s new love
• Sex ed: What the first time means to you
• Profile of German singer Wolfgang Petry
• Ex-BCR member Pat McGlynn’s new band
Pierre Brice as Winnetou on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 20 January 1977. More Pierre Brice posters.
Actor Pierre Brice as Winnetou on the cover of Bravo of 10 January 1977. This week 43 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Bravo on the UK’s first punk tour with The Sex Pistols (see next Thursday)
• The winners of the actors’ readers’ poll
• Elton John visits Bravo’s newsroom in Munich
• Led Zeppelin’s The Song Remains The Same film
• Rod Stewart’s new band
• The new Muhammad Ali biopic film
• Schlager singer Elfi Graf interviewed
• Row over Ian Mitchell’s new group, the Young City Stars (the future Rosetta Stone)
Pierre Brice as Winnetou on the cover of Bravo of 2 November 1963. The French actor has been a frequent presence on this site.
French actor Pierre Brice as Winnetou on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 24 July 1975.
French actor Pierre Brice as Winnetou on Star of the Month poster in Bravo of 29 June 1965
A life-size Starschnitt poster of Pierre Brice as Winnetou and Marie Versini as his sister Nscho-tschi, parts of which ran in June 1967. There were 11 immensely popular Winnetou movies made between 1962 and 1969.
Pierre Brice as Karl May’s Winnetou and former Bravo Girl of the Year Christiane Gött on a single-page poster in Bravo of 17 March 1977. Gött had landed a role in the open-air performance of the Winnetou play in Elspe, alongside Brice. Of course, everybody knew that the open-air lay in Bad Segeberg was always superior.
Pierre Brice as Winnetou, The Beatles and somebody else feature on the wraparound cover of Bravo of 26 February 1966, in which the winners of the annual readers; poll were announced.
By Manitu! Marie Versini and Pierre Brice in a scene from the Winnetou films on the cover of Bravo of 7 November 1966.