Kim Wilde features on the cover of Bravo of 11 June 1981. That week 36 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• An AC/DC film, still featuring Bon Scott
• Nastassja Kinski’s new short-hair look
• How Adam Ant injured himself twice during the filming of the video for “Stand And Deliver”
• “Stop The Cavalry” singer Jona Lewis at home
• The secrets of Kim Wilde
• Bucks Fizz’s Mike can afford to buy a car at last
• A new book about GI Elvis’ time in West-Germany
• Rose Tattoo (“harder than AC/DC) and Ted Nugent in concert
• The story of the Bay City Rollers
Kim Wilde on a super-sized poster in Bravo of 17 September 1981. Kim featured a lot in Bravo in 1981/82.
Kim Wilde on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 27 May 1982. This is the fifth Kim Wilde poster to feature here. She doesn’t smile on any of them.
Kim Wilde, wearing a T-shirt of herself, on a centre-spread poster in Bravo of 11 December 1980
Kim Wilde: Back-page poster in Bravo of 8 November 1981.Notice that Kim never smiled?
The caption says that after her hits “Kids In America” and “Chequered Love” she is working on her new single which is scheduled to come out in November. That single was “Cambodia” (see the video below)
Kim Wilde: Centrespread poster in Bravo of 10 December 1982
By then Wilde’s string of hits had dried up, but Bravo always was a loyal publication.
Centrespread poster in Bravo 14 February 1982. At the time, her hit Cambodia still received airplay.