Actress Brooke Shields on the cover of Bravo of 23 April 1981. This week 39 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Why Brooke Shields is rejecting all the boys
• How Queen are rocking in giant football stadiums
• That crazy David Bowie
• In the cinemas: Hazel O’Connor’s Breaking Glass
• Profile of actor Robert Urich
• Dire Straits and their new rollerskates song
• The Wild Years of Rock & Roll series: Chuck Berry
• Ten questions for Bucks Fizz
• Focus on Status Quo’s Rick Parfitt
• Donovan, the “rat-chatcher” with guitar
• On holiday without the parents: What you must know
• Vote for the heaviest heavy metal band: AC/DC, Whitesnake, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, Krokus, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Van Halen, Saxon, fucking Kiss?
Brooke Shields & Chris Atkins, in a scene from The Blue Lagoon, on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 21 January 1982. Both finished in third place in the readers’ poll for favourite actors of 1981. The Top 10 for male actors appeared yesterday; the one for female actors follows tomorrow.
Teen actress Brooke Shields on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 9 November 1978. More Broke Shields posters.
Brooke Shields on a superposter in Bravo of 12 March 1981. She was big news for her role in The Blue Lagoon.
Brooke Shields features on the cover of Bravo of 12 March 1981. That week 37 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Angus Young: The fans turn me on like a drug
• Creedence Clearwater Revival make a revival
• How much pocket money are other youths getting?
• Focus on Blue Lagoon star Christopher Atkins
• Bob Geldof, the “rock rat”
• Sex ed: The vagina
• All about the film Christiane F.: Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo
• Focus on German TV presenter Thomas Gottschalk
Actress Brooke Shields at the age of 12 on a single-page poster in Bravo of 21 September 1978. Her movie Pretty Baby was coming out at the time. Three years later Shields appeared on this poster.
Brooke Shields: Full-page poster in Bravo of 22 October 1981
Shields was popular at the time thanks to the film The Blue Lagoon, though she had attracted the attention of Bravo readers a couple of years earlier with Tilt.