Sweet’s Andy Scott features on the cover of Bravo of 3 February 1977. In the cover story he tells “the truth about Sweet”. Other things Germany’s youth read about 41 years ago this week:
• The films of Elvis Presley
• The “sensational” live show of Udo Lindenberg
• Homeless teen found a new home after a report in Bravo
• Spotlight on new German actor Marius Müller-Westernhagen
• Nazareth: The four Scotsmen who don’t want to be stars
• Introducing Swedish ski sensation Ingmar Stenmark
And here’s the scoop on Sweet. Well, they are changing labels and want to try a new musical direction…
Sweet feature on the cover of Bravo of 24 January 1974.
Sweet on a superposter in Bravo of 20 October 1977. Their image was slowly changing, with Andy Scott growing a dad beard.
Sweet on a four-part portrait poster series that ran from July-August 1973.
Sweet on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 13 July 1978. They had changed their look to in a bid to be taken serious as a rock band. Andy Scitt went for the dad beard, Mick Tucker cut his hair like a mom, and Steve Priest got a footballer’s perm because he just didn’t have a clue what to do…
Sweet are pictured in the June 1974 issue of Bravo Posters.
Dress-down day at Sweet HQ, on as Bravo poster in May 1973. They were having a hit with Blockbuster (Hellraiser and Ballroom Blitz were still to come that year)
The cover of Bravo of 17 March 1977. That week 40 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Teenage actress Nastassja Kinski’s appearance in an episode if crime series Tatort
• Interview with Sweet’s singer Brian Connolly (“We should change our name”)
• How Boney M live
• Introducing new Bay City Rollers member Pat McGlynn
• Susan Dey on the set of her new TV series Love Me, Love Me Not
• Eddie And The Hit Rods in concert
• The Beatles Revival Band
• Slik’s “comeback”
• Spanish singer Jeanette with her hit “Porque te vas”
Sweet on a super-sized poster in Bravo of 29 December 1977
The Sweet on a panoramic (four-part) Bravo poster in October 1971. We must commend their efforts at saving water.