Sweet on the cover of Bravo of 17 March 1977. This week 42 years ago Germany’s youth read about:
• All you must know about Boney M.
• Brian Connolly on changes in Sweet’s sound and image
• Nastassja Kinski’s role as teacher-seductress on TV’s Tatort
• Susan Dey in her new TV series Love Me, Love Me Not
• Pat McGlynn is the new Bay City Roller
• Manfred Mann’s Earth Band on tour
• Spanish singer Jeanette, and her hit “Porque Te Vas”.
• Bravo reader presents Otto trophy to Sophia Loren
• Eddie & the Hot Rods live: “A hot punk night”
• Introducing the Beatles Revival Band
• Slik and their new live show
• Comedian Frank Zander’s stage show
• Ex-Bravo Girl of the Year plays a role in Winnetou play at Elspe
• Raymond Harmstorf and Franco Nero in TV’s new hit, Wolfsblut
Sweet on a double-page poster in Bravo of 22 January 1976.
Sweet feature on the cover of Bravo of 22 January 1976. This week 43 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Sweet’s plans for 1976 (including a Germany tour in May)
• Readers voted their to 10 sports stars (see Wednesday’s post)
• All about English glam band Hello
• New hit tip from England: Elkie Brooks
• Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein
• Sex ed: Pregnant — What now?
• Your rights when the cops arrest you
• The new sound of Schlager singer Bernd Clüver
• The death of ex-Uriah Heep bassist Gary Thain
• Sydne Rome in her new film Umarmungen
Sweet in casual wear on a poster in Bravo in May 1973. They had just had a hit with “Blockbuster”. Their new single was “Hell Raiser”, and “Ballroom Blitz” was still a few months in the future.
Sweet drummer Mick Tucker is pictured in Bravo Posters magazine of March 1974.
Sweet’s Andy Scott features on the cover of Bravo of 3 February 1977. In the cover story he tells “the truth about Sweet”. Other things Germany’s youth read about 41 years ago this week:
• The films of Elvis Presley
• The “sensational” live show of Udo Lindenberg
• Homeless teen found a new home after a report in Bravo
• Spotlight on new German actor Marius Müller-Westernhagen
• Nazareth: The four Scotsmen who don’t want to be stars
• Introducing Swedish ski sensation Ingmar Stenmark
And here’s the scoop on Sweet. Well, they are changing labels and want to try a new musical direction…
Sweet feature on the cover of Bravo of 24 January 1974.
Sweet on a superposter in Bravo of 20 October 1977. Their image was slowly changing, with Andy Scott growing a dad beard.
Sweet on a four-part portrait poster series that ran from July-August 1973.
Sweet on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 13 July 1978. They had changed their look to in a bid to be taken serious as a rock band. Andy Scitt went for the dad beard, Mick Tucker cut his hair like a mom, and Steve Priest got a footballer’s perm because he just didn’t have a clue what to do…