A drawing of Marilyn Monroe on the cover of Bravo of 15 November 1979. This week 40 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• ABBA on their Germany tour
• Bravo with Bob Geldof in England
• Olivia Newton-John in love with a painter
• Focus on Kisds’ Paul Stanley
• Slits: Three wild punk witches
• The Teens on tour: Like Beatlemania (apparently)
• Introducing Marta and The Motels
• Did you know: Bunking school can get you fined or even jailed
• Schlager singer Chris Roberts at home
• How Bruce Lee died
• Best mopeds of 1979
• Are Sweet getting Brian Connolly back?
Paul McCartney on the cover of Bravo of 15 November 1965. In that issue Jane Asher talks about her great love for Paul…
Sweet, Bay City Rollers and Smokie — the leading candidates for the readers’ poll for Best Band of 1977 — on the cover of Bravo of 10 November 1977. This week 42 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Star Wars: Two robots conquer the world (see Thursday)
• Three girls with both legs on the stage: Maggie Mae, Tina York, Elfie Graf
• Tom Petty: Blonde guy with a thundersound
• Leif Garrett private
• Rosetta Stone cooking at their live shows in Germany
• How teen girl lost a leg in motorcycle crash
• Shaun Cassidy shows off his dream house
• Schlager singer Tony Holiday: From fashion designer to hitmaker
West Side Story star George Chakiris on the cover of Bravo of 10 November 1962.
German singer Juliane Werding on the cover of Bravo of 9 November 1978. This week 41 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Starsky & Hutch in pics, with autograph card (see Wednesday’s post)
• Boomtown Rats: “Rodents with a bite”
• Brooke Shields in her new film, Wanda Nevada
• Interview with former Bay City Roller Leslie McKeown
• Juliane Werding’s conversion to “rock chick”
• Teen boys and girls behind bars
• Vote for your favourite group
• Peter Maffay’s early years
• Singer Jürgen Drews meets his fan clubs
• New film by Terence Hill and Bud Spencer out by Christmas
• Danish group Mabel on stage
Roger Moore, the new James Bond, on the cover of Bravo of 3 November 1973. By my count, this is the 11th time Moore has featured here.
Pierre Brice as Winnetou on the cover of Bravo of 2 November 1963. The French actor has been a frequent presence on this site.
Paul Newman on the cover of Bravo of 29 October 1961.
German singer Marianne Rosenberg, now something of a gay icon, on the cover of Bravo of 25 October 1972.
Her big hit in 1972 was this:
The poster of the movie Jaws (“Der weiße Hai”) on the cover of Bravo of 23 October 1975. This week 44 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Looking back at 1,000 Bravos
• Wings in concert: “Paul is singing ‘Yesterday’ again”.
• Ursula Andress as a karate-kicking “nun” in the movie Africa Express
• Meet British group Showaddywaddy
• Zenda Jacks, “England’s sharpest rock girl”
• Bravo visits Oktoberfest 1975
• Meet the members of The Partridge Family
• All about the new film Jaws
• Bravo at the rodeo
• Greek singer Vicky Leandros: “My songs are my life”