US swimmer Mark Spitz features on the cover of Bravo of 15 November 1972. Spitz had won every watersports medal at the Munich Summer Olympics, except the Synchronised Swimming Freestyle Mixed Doubles. He was on the cover to introduce the Starschnitt of him, which will run tomorrow.
Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida on the cover of Bravo of 12 November 1960.
Robert Palmer on a single-page poster in Bravo of 6 November 1980. He was having a hit with “Johnny And Mary” at the time.
The German version of the poster of the 1952 film High Noon (in German 12 Uhr Mittags) on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 6 November 1980.
Austrian singer Georg Danzer on the back-page poster in Bravo of 6 November 1980. He was attracting attention at the time for his song “Zehn kleine Fixer” about heroin addiction and society’s lack of care for them.
See this video, and if you understand German, listen to teenage Desirée Nosbusch’s excellent interview with Danzer at the end of it.
Frank Zappa on a centrespread poster in Bravo of 6 November 1980.
German actress Dolly Dollar on the cover of Bravo of 6 November 1980. This week 38 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Bettina Hübers of Neumünster claims: McCartney is my dad (see below)
• A horse kicked Swedish singer Harpo in the face
• Robert Palmer: Why I live on the Bahamas
• Peter Criss of Kiss without make-up
• The changing hairstlyles of ABBA’s Anni-Frid
• Youths tell what it’s like to fail a grade
• All about the movie Theo gegen den Rest der Welt
• Rod Stewart’s live show
• Footballer Franz Beckenbauer’s career in New York
• All about the new movie Fame
• Go with Bravo to the Pink Floyd “The Wall” concert in Dortmund in February 1981. Prices range from DM199 (224 euros in today’s value) from Munich in the south to DM149 (168 euros) from Lübeck in the north.
Here’s the story of the then 18-year-old who claimed Paul McCartney was her father, complete with a hand-written letter addressed to “Lieber Papi” (“Dear Daddy”). And more in the story…
By Manitu! Marie Versini and Pierre Brice in a scene from the Winnetou films on the cover of Bravo of 7 November 1966.
Suzi Quatro on a Starschnitt that began in late August 1973 and ended in early November.
German teen actress and singer Conny Froboess, then 16, on a Starschitt that began in October 1959. Below the piece that ran in Bravo of 3 October 1959. It was Bravo’s third-ever Starschnitt. There were 122 Starschnitts in all, until the feature was discontinued in 2006. Tomorrow another, later Starschnitt.