Exorcist actress Linda Blair features on the cover of Bravo of 1 September 1977. This week 42 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• How Elvis rocked, published two weeks after his death (see it on Sunday)
• Joe Walsh rescued the Eagles
• Bravo readers voted BCR’s Stuart ‘Woody’ Wood “Guitarist of the Year”
• Linda Blair in The Exorcist II (her demonic vomit? Pea soup)
• Scandal: The Clash were banned from the Musikladen TV show
• Girls before court — because of a man
• Scandal over Boney M: Did they plagiarise “Ma Baker”? (see below)
• Profile of Smokie drummer Pete Spencer
• Vicky Blue, The Runaways’ new bassist
• All about actor Dick Gautier
Also check out A Life In Vinyl 1977.
And here’s the Boney M article
Actress Linda Blair on a single-page poster in Bravo of 7 July 1977. The poster accompanied an article on her private life (she made her own clothing, apparently)
Linda Blair, star of The Exorcist, on a single-page poster in Bravo of 16 January 1975.
Blair had come third in Bravo’s annual readers’ poll for favourite actors. She landed behind German actresses Ute Kittelberger and Uschi Glass, and ahead of Ali McGraw, Barbra Streisand, Marilyn Monroe and Jane Seymour.
The cover of Bravo of 2 January 1976, featuring actress Linda Blair.
In this issue Bravo ran a profile on Blair as the first part in a series on teenage movie stars (the week after it was Tatum O’Neal), promised that 1976 would become Smokie’s big year, warned readers about the consequences of shoplifting, pictured Freddie Mercury in hot pants, offered a glimpse into he private life of Sweet’s Andy Scott, reported on the overnight success of actress Deborah Raffin (later a pioneer in audiobooks), and got Schlager singer Jürgen Markus to tell his favourite jokes (few of them very funny).
Something new on thus site: reproductions of Bravo’s cover pages. This one, from 22 May 1975, features actress Lionda Blair from The Exorcist.