Bravo Girl of the Year 1975 Christiane Gött features on the cover of Bravo of 31 July 1975. That week 42 years ago, Germany’s youth read about:
• Sweet answer readers’ letters on a visit to the Bravo offices
• TV bosses want to cancel the Pop 75 music show
• Bay City Rollers drummer Derek Longmuir profiled
• David Cassidy and his pets (three dogs and a cat)
• Simon Williams, “The rebel of Eaton Place”, of British TV series Upstairs Downstairs
And here’s the kicker: on one spread, the left-hand page is a feature on the film Towering Inferno; on the right is an article on Austrian F1 racing champion Niki Lauda — who almost exactly a year later would be badly burnt in a crash at Germany’s Nürburgring. On one of the photos Lauda is seen with flame-retardant protective underwear (it makes him sweat).